Tim Heymann is a consultant gastroenterologist at Kingston Hospital and Reader in Health Management with the Centre for Health Economics and Management at Imperial College Business School. He is a fellow of the Higher Education Academy and of the Royal College of Physicians of London for whom he is a host examiner.
His previous experience includes:
- non-executive director, NHS Direct
- member, Risk and Regulation Advisory Council
- chair, Information Group of the British Society of Gastroenterology
- healthcare consultancy and teaching in Europe, India, the CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States), Latin America and Australasia
- work in teaching hospitals across London
- management consultancy with McKinsey & Company
Non-Executive Director, Monitor
Monitor is the sector regulator for health services in England and its job is to protect and promote the interests of patients.
Monitor’s board sets our strategy and agrees how operational decisions are taken.