Sue joined the Oil and Pipelines Agency (OPA) in October 2011 as the Human Resources Manager and is responsible for setting up the Human Resources function for the OPA.
A human resources professional, with over 40 years’ experience in HR gained in a variety of industries including food and chemical manufacturing as well as software technology. Sue comments that, “no matter what the industry, people and their issues appear broadly similar within businesses”. Sue found that there were many operational similarities in the OPA which echoed her longstanding experience with Fujifilm and Associated British Foods.
There were a number of challenges within the first few years of Sue joining the OPA which included:
- the TUPE transfer of staff within the Oil Fuel Depot,
- spearheading a large recruitment drive to ensure the OPA gained the right resources to manage its activities
- implementation of a fit for purpose human resources system and preparation for the sale of the GPSS
- the TUPE transfer of assigned personnel as a consequence of the sale
- ensuring the organization is fit for purpose post sale of the GPSS, and continues to remain able to meet its business needs with the right resources and competencies and ability to be flexible to meet changing needs
The small but dedicated human resources team has gained a positive reputation with both Directors, Managers and staff across the business.
Human Resources Director
Responsible for The Oil and Pipelines Agency human resources.