Sue Husband was previously Head of Education for the UK at McDonald’s. She started her career with McDonald’s in 1987, as a 16-year-old crew member, whilst studying for A-levels. Sue went on to work in a variety of roles in Operations, Franchising, Communications and Training, working with both Company and Franchised restaurants.
Director, National Apprenticeship Service
The Director, National Apprenticeship Service:
- leads the Agency’s work in engaging employers and employer groups to increase participation in apprenticeships and traineeships
- provides expert advice and support to Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs), and other important local partners, on the funding and skills elements of local growth plans
- encourages colleges and providers to deliver more good quality apprenticeships and traineeships, and intervening in cases of failure or high risk
- delivers high-quality National Careers Service and apprenticeship vacancy services
- leads the work of the National Apprenticeship Service