Stuart Andrew MP was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Minister for Defence Procurement at the Ministry of Defence on 19 July 2018.
He was an Assistant Government Whip from 15 June 2017 to 19 July 2018 and Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Wales Office on 9 January 2018 and 19 July 2018.
Stuart became MP for Pudsey, Horsforth and Aireborough in 2010. In 2012, he was made Parliamentary Private Secretary to Francis Maude MP.
In the 2015 general election, Stuart was re-elected and took on the role of Parliamentary Private Secretary to Patrick McLoughlin MP.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Minister for Defence Procurement
The Minister for Defence Procurement is responsible for the Defence Equipment Plan, defence industry and exports, science and technology including:
Previous roles in government
- Defence Minister Stuart Andrew at DVD18, Millbrook
- British companies get green light to press ahead with new Army vehicle plans, Defence Minister announces
- Lift-off: F-35 take-off technology site opens ahead of historic flight trials
- Qatari jet export deal swings into action
- Defence Minister sees Stockport firm finishing multi-million-pound military bridge order for Australian Army
- Minister hails world-class Wales’ role in defence industry
- British-armed F-35B Lightning jet takes to the skies
- Defence Ministers re-affirm Scotland’s central role in UK defence
- RFA Tideforce docks in Falmouth ahead of entering service
- Defence Minister launches new military ‘FireDragon’ fuel production line