Steve Hutchinson was appointed Deputy Further Education Commissioner in October 2016.
He is a qualified accountant and independent consultant specialising in FE financial advisory work. He has acted as interim Finance Director in several colleges helping them to prepare recovery plans.
Steve has worked in a variety of senior finance roles in the FE sector for over 26 years, including:
- Regional Finance Director for the Further Education Funding Council for England (FEFC)
- Director of Corporate Services at the Learning & Skills Council (LSC)
- Consultant at KPMG
- Partner in FE Associates
Deputy Further Education Commissioner
The Deputy FE Commissioners work with FE colleges to help improve the quality and sustainability of their provision, and reduce the risk of failure. This includes:
- providing support to colleges in formal intervention
- preventing colleges from going into formal intervention
- contributing to policy development for colleges in the FE sector
More information is available in the college oversight: support and intervention guide.