Steve Burnett was appointed to the Agency Board in October 2014. He retired in 2009 after a long career in the financial services sector. His other current appointments and experience include:
- Senior Independent Director, Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust Hospital
- Investment advisor, Homes and Community Agency, North West and Merseyside Urban Regeneration Programme
- Member, National Audit Office of Wales Board
- Chief Executive Officer, Swiss Life UK
- Chief Executive Officer, Royal Liver Friendly Society
Government non-executive directors provide advice and bring an external perspective to the business of government departments. They do not have decision-making powers.