Steve Burnett was appointed a non-executive director for Government Internal Audit Agency effective October 2014. He retired in 2009 after a long career in the financial services sector. His other current appointments and previous experience includes:
- Non-executive at Golden Charter Ltd.
- investment advisor, Homes and Community Agency, North West and Merseyside urban regeneration programme
- member, National Audit Office of Wales Board
- Chief Executive Officer, Swiss Life UK
- Chief Executive Officer, Royal Liver friendly society
Government non-executive directors provide advice and bring an external perspective to the business of government departments. They do not have decision-making powers.