Stephen Foreshew-Cain was appointed Executive Director of the Government Digital Service in September 2015.
Stephen started his career as an analyst in the mobile telecommunications sector in 1992. His other career highlights include:
- Chief Operating Officer at the Government Digital Service
- Portfolio Programme Director at Lbi, working on large digital transformation projects for multinational clients
- Engagement Director at Capgemini, where he implemented scalable Agile development methodologies
- Senior Manager at Accenture, where he worked on a major benefits programme for government
- Deputy Chief Operating Officer and Head of Delivery at ThoughtWorks, where he was responsible for the global delivery portfolio