Sian joined the FCO in 1986. Her first posting was to Moscow. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, she served briefly in the Embassy in Vilnius. Since then she has been posted to The Hague, returned to Moscow 2004-7, where she became Minister (Deputy Head of Mission). Between overseas postings she has worked in the FCO and the Cabinet Office .
Sian was Ambassador in Prague from 2009 to 2013 and then Director of the British Council Triennial Review and FCO Additional Director for the Eastern European & Central Asian Directorate. Sian became Ambassador and Head of the UK Delegation to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe in August 2015.
Sian is married to Richard Robinson and they have three children and enjoy music, cycling and cross-country skiing.
Social media links
Head of UK Delegation to the OSCE, Vienna
The Ambassador represents Her Majesty The Queen and the UK government in the country or organisation to which they are appointed. The Head of the United Kingdom’s Delegation to the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) represents the UK on all related issues. The OSCE headquarters are in Vienna, Austria. The UK Delegation is co-located in the British Embassy, Vienna.
Previous roles in government
British Ambassador to the Czech Republic
- 2009 to 2013
- Nerve agent attack in Salisbury, Wiltshire: UK statement to the OSCE, 12 April 2018
- Salisbury nerve agent attack: UK OSCE Permanent Council statement
- UK priorities for the OSCE’s Human Dimension Committee for 2018
- UK closing statement, OSCE Human Dimension Implementation Meeting
- Arms control statement on behalf of NATO allies, 24th OSCE Ministerial Council