Shaun was Director General for Europe, International and Constitution at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs between November 2019 and October 2020.
He was responsible for leading Defra’s work on EU Exit, the future relationship with the EU, and wider international trade policy and relations.
His corporate leadership roles included Disability Champion for Defra group, senior champion for the EU National Network, and ExCo sponsor for fast stream schemes.
His previous senior civil service posts include:
- Director General, Strategy Delivery in Defra (2018 to 2019)
- Director for Environmental Quality in Defra (2016 to 2018)
- Director, Access to Justice in Ministry of Justice (2014 to 2016)
- Director, Social Care Policy in the Department for Health (2010 to 2014)
- Director of Policy in Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (2005 to 2010)
Outside Defra, Shaun is a trustee of Community Integrated Care, a national social care charity providing a range of care and support services for adults.