Sarah Veale was Head of the Equality and Employment Rights Department at the Trades Union Congress (TUC), where she worked since 1985. She was a member of the TUC team which negotiated the agreement with the CBI and the Government that formed the basis of the Temporary Agency Work Directive; she was also responsible for the development of TUC policy on employment law. Sarah was awarded the CBE for services to diversity in 2006.
Her other roles include:
- Board Member, Equality and Human Rights Commission;
- non-executive Board Member, United Kingdom Accreditation Service;
- Trustee and Vice Chair, the Equality and Diversity Forum;
- Visiting Fellow, Greenwich University Business School; and
- Board Member, Public Concern Work.
Her previous roles include:
- Board Member, Health and Safety Executive
- Board Member, Better Regulation Commission
- Board Member, Risk and Regulation Advisory Council
- Member, ACAS Board
Member, Regulatory Policy Committee
The Regulatory Policy Committee consists of 8 independent experts with experience and current knowledge of business, employee, consumer and economics issues. Members were appointed after an open competition which followed the Commissioner for Public Appointments’ code of practice.