Robin Walker was appointed as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Exiting the European Union on 17 July 2016. He was elected as the Conservative MP for Worcester in May 2010.
Robin was educated at St Paul’s School in London and went on to study Ancient and Modern History at Balliol College, Oxford.
Robin set up his own internet business on leaving university and worked in financial services recruitment before joining Finsbury Group in Financial Communications in 2003. He worked in, and subsequently led the Industrials team at Finsbury, becoming Partner in 2009.
He was elected Member of Parliament for Worcester in May 2010. From May 2015 until he joined government, he served on the Administration Select Committee and chaired the All-Party Parliamentary Group for credit unions.
In the last parliament, he served on the Welsh Affairs Select Committee and the Business, Innovation and Skills Committee. He was also an officer of a number All-Party Parliamentary Groups, including Regeneration through Innovation, China, and Trade out of Poverty.
Robin has served as the Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Minister of State for Northern Ireland, the Secretary of State for DEFRA, and to the Secretary of State for Education.
Robin is married and enjoys walking, reading and travel. He is a keen supporter of the Worcester Warriors and the Worcestershire County Cricket Club.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
The Parliamentary Under Secretary of State will support the work of the Department for Exiting the European Union.
- Market Access & Budget
- Migration & Citizens’ Rights
- Implementation Period
- Devolved Administrations, Overseas Territories and Crown Dependencies
- Business Engagement
- Northern Ireland and Ireland
- EU (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill support
- Ministerial Forum communiqué: 03 December 2018
- Joint Ministerial Committee (EU Negotiations) communiqué: 13 November 2018
- Ministerial Forum communiqué: 22 October 2018
- Ministerial Forum communiqué: 17 September 2018
- Ministerial Forum communiqué: 1 August 2018
- Robin Walker: Securing the future of MRPQ
- Ministerial Forum communiqué: 24 May 2018
- Aberdeen has a bright future post-Brexit, ministers tell industry leaders
- Overseas Territories Joint Ministerial Council: 28 and 29 November 2017
- UK Government Ministers to Engage Further with Scottish Parliament Over EU (Withdrawal) Bill