Robin Gwynn works alongside the joint FCO/DFID Sudan Unit.
Robin has been a member of the Diplomatic Service since the late 1980s. He has a strong background in African policy, most recently covering as acting Africa Director in London. Previous appointments include:
- Private Secretary to a number of FCO ministers
- British High Commission, Kenya from 1992 to 95
- British High Commission, Ghana from 2002 to 05
- UK Climate Envoy for Vulnerable Countries, a joint FCO/DFID role
- British High Commission, Nigeria from 2010 to 11
- Head of the FCO’s Equatorial Africa Department from 2005 to 2008