Rachel Merelie was appointed Acting Executive Director, Markets and Mergers, at the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) on 4 July 2016.
Rachel is an adviser to the Board across the markets and mergers portfolio, as well as Head of the Delivery Profession and a member of the Senior Executive Team.
Previous career highlights include:
- Senior Director, Delivery and Sector Regulation at the CMA
- Inquiry Director and then Senior Director, Inquiries at the Competition Commission
- Business Planning and Strategy Manager, Ernst & Young and Executive Manager, Cap Gemini Ernst & Young
- Management consultant at Gemini Consulting
- MBA from Groupe HEC in Paris
Acting Executive Director, Markets and Mergers
The Acting Executive Director of Markets and Mergers at the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is responsible for:
- providing strong, visible and dynamic leadership of the CMA’s mergers and markets work
- managing associated work streams to provide value to markets and consumers