Peter Watkins CBE became Director General Strategy & International in the Ministry of Defence (MOD) in December 2017.
- Director General Security Policy
- Director General of the Defence Academy
- Director Operational Policy
- Director of the Typhoon programme
- Command Secretary (i.e. Finance Director) of RAF Strike Command (now Air Command)
- Private Secretary to the Defence Secretary
He has also served as a Counsellor in the British Embassy in Germany. Peter is the Chairman of the joint government/media Defence and Security Media Advisory (DSMA) Committee and the Ministry of Defence Trustee of the Imperial War Museums. Peter was awarded a CBE in 2004 and is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society and the Institute of Directors.