Peter Watkins CBE became Director General Strategy & International in the Ministry of Defence (MOD) in December 2017.
- Director General Security Policy
- Director General of the Defence Academy
- Director Operational Policy
- Director of the Typhoon programme
- Command Secretary (i.e. Finance Director) of RAF Strike Command (now Air Command)
- Private Secretary to the Defence Secretary
He has also served as a Counsellor in the British Embassy in Germany. Peter is the Chairman of the joint government/media Defence and Security Media Advisory (DSMA) Committee and the Ministry of Defence Trustee of the Imperial War Museums. Peter was awarded a CBE in 2004 and is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society and the Institute of Directors.
Director General Strategy and International
The Director General Strategy & International is responsible for defence policy on NATO and the Euro-Atlantic area, the defence implications of exiting the European Union and our key bilateral defence relationships as well as strategic planning and strategic policy matters (eg nuclear deterrence, cyber, space, exports).