Peter Mucklow was appointed Director, Intervention, Skills Funding Agency (SFA) in January 2016.
He is also Director, Young People, Education Funding Agency (EFA).
His previous roles include:
- Director, Supporting Children and Young People Group, Department for Education (DfE)
- Deputy Director, Young People Division, DfE
- Director, Planning, Performance and Partnerships, Children and Young People’s Directorate, Sheffield City Council
- Deputy Director, Finance and Strategy; Children and Young People’s Directorate, Department for Children, Schools and Families
- Deputy Director, Workforce Development; Children and Young People’s Directorate, Department for Education and Skills (DfES)
Director, Intervention, Skills Funding Agency
The Director, Intervention, provides leadership across the SFA and EFA on intervention work to ensure a joined up and efficient approach. The Director is responsible for the full range of intervention strategies - implementing a range of early and formal intervention strategies to prevent or remedy institutions’ poor performance in finance, quality or governance. He is also responsible for leading delivery of the national programme of area reviews and supporting the implementation of agreed area review recommendations.