Peter Mucklow was appointed Director, Intervention, Skills Funding Agency (SFA) in January 2016.
He is also Director, Young People, Education Funding Agency (EFA).
His previous roles include:
- Director, Supporting Children and Young People Group, Department for Education (DfE)
- Deputy Director, Young People Division, DfE
- Director, Planning, Performance and Partnerships, Children and Young People’s Directorate, Sheffield City Council
- Deputy Director, Finance and Strategy; Children and Young People’s Directorate, Department for Children, Schools and Families
- Deputy Director, Workforce Development; Children and Young People’s Directorate, Department for Education and Skills (DfES)
Director, Intervention and Young People's Funding Group, ESFA
The Director, Intervention and Young People’s Funding Group is responsible for:
the full range of intervention strategies - implementing a range of early and formal intervention strategies to prevent or remedy institutions’ poor performance in finance, quality or governance
leading delivery of the national programme of area reviews and supporting the implementation of agreed area review recommendations.
funding sixth forms, colleges and training providers to educate 16 to 19-year-olds and those with high needs to age 24, as well as providing bursaries to disadvantaged young people