Peter Millett has been British Ambassador to Libya since July 2015.
He has served in a number of positions in the British Diplomatic Service since joining in 1974.
- 2011 to 2015: British Ambassador to Jordan
- 2005 to 2010: High Commissioner to Cyprus
- 2002 to 2005: Director of Security in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- 1997 to 2001: Deputy Head of Mission in Athens.
- 1993 to 1996: Head of Personnel Policy in the FCO.
- 1989 to 1993: First Secretary (Energy) in the UK Representative Office to the European Union in Brussels.
- 1981 to 1985: Second Secretary (Political) in Doha.
- He is married to June Millett and has three daughters, born in 1984, 1987 and 1991. His interests include his family, tennis and travel.
British Ambassador to Libya
The Ambassador represents Her Majesty The Queen and the UK government in the country to which they are appointed. They are responsible for the direction and work of the Embassy and its Consulates, including political work, trade and investment, press and cultural relations, and visa and consular services.
Previous roles in government
British Ambassador to Jordan
- 2011 to 2015