Peter Jones was appointed to the UK Atomic Energy Authority Board on 1 November 2010. He was a non-executive director of NNL and Chairman of its Audit Committee from 2009 to 2014. He was a Reporting Panel member of the Competition Commission from 2005 to 2013. He was appointed a non-executive director of a start-up company developing a customer loyalty product using financial technology in February 2017.
- Principal Private Secretary to the Chairman of the National Coal Board 1978-1981
- a 19 year career in Corporate Finance at Samuel Montagu & Co. Limited and HSBC Investment Banking, including assignments as a senior adviser to the Department of Trade and Industry, Scottish Power, British Coal and BNFL
- consultant to the Shareholder Executive and DTI during the final preparations for the restructuring of the civil nuclear clean-up sector in 2004-2005
- Secretary to the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (the governing board of Ofgem, the energy regulator) and adviser to its Chairman 2014-2016
- Peter is also a qualified Chartered Certified Accountant and has had exposure to a wide range of financial management and planning issues in a variety of sectors varying from financial services to electricity production.
Non-executive Directors are part of the UK Atomic Energy Authority’s Board and help provide strategic oversight.