Professor Peter Halligan became Chief Scientific Adviser for Wales (CSAW) in March 2018.
Professor Halligan is a distinguished psychologist and neuroscientist. Since moving to Wales from his native Ireland, he has played a key role in a number of innovative developments including establishing the:
- Cardiff University Brain Research Imaging Centre (CUBRIC)
- Wales Research and Diagnostic Positron Emission Tomography Imaging Centre (PETIC)
- Wales Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience (WICN)
- Haydn Ellis Distinguished Lecture Series
- Cardiff University Research Institutes
He left Cardiff University to join the Learned Society of Wales as Chief Executive in 2015.