Peter Donaldson became a Low Pay Commissioner on 1 May 2010 and was reappointed for 3 years on 1 May 2013. He is Managing Director of d5 consulting Limited which he founded in 2005 having spent thirty years in the chemicals industry in the UK and Ireland. His appointment was extended to 31 October 2016 and has been further extended to 30 November 2017.
Peter is also a Lay Magistrate and Chairman of Downland Marketing Limited
Prior to Peter’s current role:
- Member of the NI Valuation Tribunal
- Member of the CAFRE Loughry College Academic Board.
- Member of the Small Business Council,
- Non-executive director with the Northern Health & Social Services Board,
- Member of the NI Civic Forum.
Low Pay Commissioner
Commissioners are appointed from an employer background, from an employee background or as independents. Peter is one of the Commissioners from an employer background.