Paula Sussex joined the Charity Commission as CEO in June 2014. Paula has extensive leadership experience, particularly in delivering solutions and services to the public, private and voluntary sectors. Her previous roles include:
- Senior Vice President (Public Sector), CGI
- CEO, Atos Consulting
- Director, KPMG Consulting
Paula is qualified as a barrister and holds a Sloan Masters Degree from London Business School. She has a longstanding association with Crisis, the charity for single homeless people, where she was a trustee for six years.
Chief Executive Officer, Charity Commission
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Charity Commission is responsible for its day-to-day management. This includes leading the commission’s senior management team.
The CEO also has delegated responsibility for making sure the commission:
- carries out its statutory duties and responsibilities and exercises its legal powers appropriately
- develops plans, programmes and policies for the board to approve
- carries out the board’s strategies and plans for the future, including its contribution to legislative reform
- carries out the commission’s services in line with targets and performance indicators agreed by the board
The CEO is accountable for the commission’s use of public funds, and reports on this to the Public Accounts Committee.
Previous roles in government
Chief Operating Officer
- 2015 to 2015