Paul Whiting is the Chief Finance Officer at the Disclosure and Barring Service. He also acts as the Deputy Chief Executive.
Paul took on this role at the DBS in August 2014.
He has spent the last eight years as executive director of finance and estates at Glyndwr university and held senior roles with Marks and Spencer and the British Army.
Chief Finance Officer, Deputy Chief Executive and DBS Board Member
Some of the Deputy Chief Executive and Chief Financial Officer responsibilities include:
- reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and having strategic oversight of finance, commercial and legal
- providing expert guidance to the DBS board and its committees in relation to specialist areas
- being the lead contact for ensuring effective relationships with the wider Home Office, and leading on specific areas of work relating to ministerial priorities for the organisation in conjunction with the CEO
- being the lead officer for interpreting financial, policy, legal and commercial guidelines applicable to DBS, providing advice to the board including commissioning audits to ensure compliance with standards
- being the lead officer for developing procurement, commercial strategies and contract negotiations at senior levels for DBS, aligned to commercial best practice
- appointed SIRO for DBS with delegated responsibilities and accountability for information risk management