Paul Lambert joined Natural England in April 2007 as Director of Finance. He has held a number of roles as Executive Director Corporate Services and more recently as Chief Officer Finance and Governance.
Paul is a Chartered Accountant and a member of the Institute of Directors. He has spent over 20 years working in the private sector, firstly with Ernst and Young where he worked on banking and airlines and market deregulation in the UK and overseas. He went on to roles as a financial controller and finance director of many business units with Powergen.
Before joining Natural England, he was Chief Financial and Systems Officer at South Yorkshire Passenger Transport, which involved leading on significant infrastructure investment and commercial negotiations with bus and train operators.
Chief Transformation Officer
The Chief Transformation Officer is responsible for delivering the cultural changes needed for Natural England 2020 change programme.
- ensuring resources and priority allocated to delivery of the organisational and other changes
- lead, align and deliver the overall programme managing risks and dependencies
- aligning NE change activity with the overall Defra activity and Target Operating Model
- leading on engagement and communicating with all staff
- operating as a member of the Natural England Senior leadership team