Paul Green was appointed Director of Operations, VMD in March 2011. Previously he led the public forest estate programme in the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and has broad experience across agriculture, environment and rural policy.
Paul has also worked on secondment to the Cabinet Office, the European Commission in Brussels and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
Director of Operations, VMD
The Director of Operations, VMD supports the chief executive officer with the day-to-day running of the VMD. They lead on:
- new policy and legislation
- support to ministers through briefing and advice on replies to correspondence and Parliamentary Questions
- pharmacovigilance for veterinary medicines
- inspection of manufacturers, wholesale dealers and retailers of veterinary medicines
- enforcement of legislation
- surveillance for residues of veterinary medicines and banned substances in livestock and animal products