Nigel Adams MP was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Wales Office and Assistant Government Whip on 5 November 2018.
He was previously a Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government. He was also previously Government Whip (Lord Commissioner of HM Treasury), from January 2018 to November 2018.
He was an Assistant Government Whip from 15 June 2017 to 8 January 2018.
He was first appointed the Conservative MP for Selby and Ainsty in May 2010.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State assists the Secretary of State for Wales in ensuring that the interests of Wales are recognised in Westminster, and that Westminster’s voice is heard in Wales.
- North Wales Growth Deal
Assistant Government Whip
Whips are MPs or Lords appointed by each party to help organise their party’s contribution to parliamentary business. They are responsible for making sure the maximum number of their party members vote, and vote the way their party wants.
Previous roles in government
- Welsh businesses urged to claim £2500 voucher for broadband boost
- Welsh Secretary to commemorate 100 years since the end of the First World War
- Minister Adams honours courageous Armed Forces at his first official engagement in Wales.
- Biodiesel originating in the USA (Anti-Dumping Duty 2289)
- Parliamentary Under Secretaries of State Appointments