Nick Heath has been Deputy Head of Mission since August 2015.
Nick joined the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in 2005. He has previously served as:
- 2013 – 2015 Deputy Head, European Department – Internal (EU Policy Making), FCO London;
- 2013 Private Secretary to the Minister for South East Asia and Pakistan, the Rt Hon Baroness Warsi, FCO London;
- 2011 – 2012 Private Secretary to the Minister for Africa, the UN, Overseas Territories, and Conflict Issues, Henry Bellingham MP and then Mark Simmonds MP, FCO London;
- 2008 – 2011 2nd Secretary Political, Press and Public Affairs, British Embassy Riyadh;
- 2007 – 2008 Arabic Language Training, London then Cairo;
- 2005 – 2006 Desk Officer, Middle East Peace Process Team, FCO London.
Deputy Head of Mission, The Netherlands
The Deputy Head of Mission is a senior diplomat and typically a key advisor to the Ambassador or High Commissioner. The Deputy is responsible for the daily management of an overseas Embassy or High Commission. They will represent the UK’s interests in the absence of the Ambassador as Chargé d’Affaires. A senior ranking Deputy may also take the title Minister. Smaller missions may not have a Deputy Head.