Mike Walker was appointed Chief Economic Adviser at the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) on 11 September 2013. As a member of the Senior Executive Team and a central adviser to the Board, Mike plays an important role in the development of the new organisation.
He is also an academic at Kings College, London and the College of Europe in Bruges, and co-author of The Economics of EU Competition Law.
Previous career highlights include:
- Director of Competition Policy at London Economics
- Senior regulatory economist with British Telecom (BT)
- Senior Associate at Lexecon Ltd, London and Brussels
- Vice-President, European Competition Policy at Charles River Associates (CRA) International
Chief Economic Adviser
The Chief Economic Adviser at the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is responsible for:
- providing strong, visible leadership across the organisation
- ensuring that the CMA’s economists provide high-quality advice, giving guidance on the most complex cases and developing centres of expertise