Dr Mike Short is the Chief Scientific Adviser at the Department for International Trade.
DIT Chief Scientific Adviser
The DIT Chief Scientific Adviser is responsible for:
- ensuring that the department’s policies are supported by the best science, engineering and technical advice
- advising on the technical aspects of trade deals
- forging links between science and technology, business and trade
- acting as head of the science and engineering profession within DIT
- working with the wider community of chief scientific advisers on cross departmental matters