Michael Gibbons CBE was appointed Chair when the RPC became a public body in 2012; prior to that he led the Committee for two years and served on the Better Regulation Commission from 2002. In 2007 he produced the ‘Gibbons Review’ examining employment dispute resolution regulations and received the CBE for services to regulatory reform in 2015.
Michael’s current roles in business include:
- Chairman, Elexon Ltd and BSC Panel;
- non-executive Director, Sargas Power Yorkshire Ltd;
- Chairman, Carbon Capture Storage Association;
- Member, Advisory Board, OPT inc;
- Director, British Management Data Foundation; and
- Patron, Professional Mediators’ Association.
Chairman, Regulatory Policy Committee
The Regulatory Policy Committee consists of 8 independent experts with experience and current knowledge of business, employee, consumer and economics issues. Members were appointed after an open competition which followed the Commissioner for Public Appointments’ code of practice.