Michael Bradley assumed the role of Chief Executive Officer for Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) in January 2018.
He joined DE&S as Director General (Resources) at the beginning of 2012 after a successful 7 year stint with leading UK infrastructure maintainer Enterprise, where he led and developed the Finance function through a period of significant acquisition and organic growth within the business.
Prior to this, Michael spent 9 years with French listed multinational Alstom in their Rail Transport business, latterly as Finance Director for the Group’s Traction business.
Chief Executive of Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S)
The Chief Executive Officer is the UK’s National Armaments Director and as the Accounting Officer for Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) is directly responsible to Parliament for the stewardship of DE&S’ resources.
To discharge these responsibilities, CEO has delegated authority from PUS to lead and manage DE&S:
- providing equipment and logistic support to current operations, including delivery against urgent operational requirements
- delivering funded equipment acquisition and support outputs, as agreed with Front Line Commands and the Head Office
- delivering projects to performance, time and cost targets, in accordance with agreed asset delivery plans
- managing safety, risk and environmental issues in accordance with mandated requirements and appropriate best practice
- representing UK interests in international military and political fora, including NATO and the EU