Matthew has spent 15 years working with distressed and stressed corporates and their stakeholders. He is on secondment from PwC where he has worked in the Deals Team for over 10 years, working in insolvency and restructuring.
He is also experienced in helping organisations release cash, manage costs, raise finance and find efficiencies. He has worked with numerous management teams over his career, recognising skills, identifying gaps and supplementing where necessary.
His previous roles include positions a secondment to the Leveraged High Risk work out team at Bank of Scotland.
Director of the Transaction Unit
The Director of the Transaction Unit:
- leads the work in assessing and challenging college restructuring plans that arise from area reviews
- manages proposals for sixth form colleges to become academies
- negotiates and agrees recommendations for exceptional financial support
- leads the unit on making loans and investment decisions utilising funds from the restructuring facility
- manages the internal and external scrutiny boards for restructuring facility applications and manage the process for securing decisions from Accounting Officers and HM Treasury
- manages the response to area review questions about the conditions for making applications to the restructuring facility