Mary was appointed as a non-executive member of the Board in September 2017 and is also a member of the Audit Committee. She is a senior economist with over 25 years’ experience planning, undertaking and delivering high quality economic advice on competition, regulatory and consumer issues in the public sector. She is Chair of Breast Cancer UK and has been a senior team leader volunteer for Pro Bono Economics advising charities on how to measure the impact of their work.
Non-executive member, SSRO
The SSRO Non-Executive Members are responsible for:
- providing independent and constructive challenge
- establishing the strategic direction of the SSRO (within a policy and resources framework agreed with ministers)
- overseeing the development and implementation of strategies, plans and priorities
- overseeing the development and review of key performance targets including financial targets
- ensuring that the public body complies with all statutory and administrative requirements on the use of public funds