Martin Traynor served as Group Chief Executive of the Leicestershire Chamber of Commerce for 14 years. He has extensive experience in the leisure and hospitality industry, having worked in hotel management for over 20 years.
His current roles include:
- Managing Partner, Traynor Consulting & Training LLP;
- non-executive Deputy Chairman, Univeristy Hospital of Leicester NHS Trust;
- non-executive Chairman, King Richard III Visitor Centre Trust Ltd;
- non-executive Chairman, The Forest Experience Ltd;
- non-executive Chairman, Leicestershire Promotions Ltd;
- non-executive Chairman & Trustee, Leicestershire Community Council Ltd;
- Trustee, The National Forest Charitable Trust Ltd;
- Trustee, Menphys Ltd;
- non-executive Director, King Richard III Visitor Centre Trust Trading Ltd;
- non-executive Director, Leicester DNA Centre Ltd; and
- Governor, Ratcliffe College.
Member, Regulatory Policy Committee
The Regulatory Policy Committee consists of 8 independent experts with experience and current knowledge of business, employee, consumer and economics issues. Members were appointed after an open competition which followed the Commissioner for Public Appointments’ code of practice.