Martin Cox was appointed as Director of Strategy and Technology on 1 May 2013. He is a theoretical physicist who joined Culham upon graduating, working on plasma modelling. He then became involved in the operation of the experimental facilities.
- appointed Director of Strategy and Technology on 1 May 2013
- appointed to the UKAEA Board on 1 November 2010 as Chief Operating Officer
- appointed Operations Director on 1 November 2009
- in 2007 he was appointed Senior Manager for all aspects of JET operation and in 2008 was appointed Assistant Director (Operations)
- from 2000, when the Authority assumed responsibility for the operation of JET on behalf of the European fusion community, he became manager of Machine Operations Department, overseeing the operation of most of the JET facilities as well as MAST
- in 1994 he was appointed the Project Manager for the design and construction of the MAST device
Director of Strategy and Technology
Responsible for development of fusion technology at Culham including a role in DEMO, business development and major projects such as the MAST Upgrade.
Previous roles in government
- 2010 to 2013