Marta was appointed as a non-executive member in September 2014. She chairs the SSRO’s Audit Committee and is a member of the Regulatory Review Committee. She also served for a short time as a member of the Referrals Committee. She holds a number of other non-executive roles, mainly in the government and education sectors. She has also been a member of the Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland and served on a number of Boards.
SSRO Non-executive member
The SSRO Non-executive members are responsible for:
- providing independent and constructive challenge
- establishing the strategic direction of the SSRO (within a policy and resources framework agreed with ministers)
- overseeing the development and implementation of strategies, plans and priorities
- overseeing the development and review of key performance targets including financial targets
- ensuring that the public body complies with all statutory and administrative requirements on the use of public funds