Mark Addison was appointed to ACOBA in June 2012. He is currently a Public Appointments Assessor for the Commissioner for Public Appointments and Chair of the Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Mark joined the Civil Service in 1978 and worked in a number of central government departments in a range of operational and policy roles. His previous roles include:
- Civil Service Commissioner, 2007 to 2012
- Non-executive Director, Salix Finance Ltd from 2006 to 2011
- various senior positions in the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs, 2001 to 2006
- Chief Executive of the Crown Prosecution Service 1998 to 2001
He has also been a non-executive director at The National Archives since 2007, and a member of Council at the Consumers’ Association since 2010.
Member of the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments
The role of the committee is to:
- provide independent advice to the Prime Minister on the application of the government’s Business Appointment Rules to the most senior members of the Civil Service, armed forces, diplomatic service, and intelligence agencies who wish to take up appointments within 2 years of leaving Crown service
- provide independent advice directly to former ministers on appointments they wish to take up within 2 years of leaving government