Laura Wensley is the Deputy Director for Service Development and Central Commissioning and has been in post since June 2013 when she joined the Legal Aid Agency. She now shares her role with Hannah Payne. Her previous roles include:
- Change Portfolio manager, HMCTS
- Project manager, Civil courts call centre, HMCTS
- Financial planning manager, Corporate finance, MoJ
- Policy Analyst, HM Treasury
- Before joining the civil service Laura worked as a tax consultant at Deloitte.
Joint Deputy Director, Service Development and Central Commissioning
The Deputy Director for Service Development and Central Commissioning is responsible for policy implementation, working closely with the Ministry of Justice Legal Aid Policy team, and the procurement of contracts for the Legal Aid Agency.