HM Ambassador Judith Farnworth was appointed the UK’s first resident Ambassador in December 2011. She took up her post formally in March 2012 when she presented credentials to HE President Atambaev.
- 2012: Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Kyrgyz Republic
- July 08 – Jan 2012: Deputy Head of Mission and Her Majesty’s Consul, British Embassy Kyiv
- July 05 – July 08: Deputy Head of Mission and Her Majesty’s Consul, British Embassy Riga
- August 00 – September 04: Head of Political Section, British Embassy Prague
- March 96 – March 00: Second Secretary Political/Press, British Embassy Kyiv
- July 91 – October 95: Senior Research Analyst, Research and Analysis Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, London
- 1990 : MA in International Relations, University of East Anglia
- 1988 : BA Honours in Russian with Philosophy, University of Durham
British Ambassador to Kyrgyzstan
The Ambassador represents Her Majesty The Queen and the UK government in the country to which they are appointed. They are responsible for the direction and work of the Embassy and its Consulates, including political work, trade and investment, press and cultural relations, and visa and consular services.