Jonathan Lyle became Chief Executive of Dstl on 5 March 2012. His civil service career includes:
- Director, Helicopters in Defence Equipment & Support, MOD
- Director, College of Management and Technology
- Operations Director, Defence Procurement Agency
He’s also worked in the Cabinet Office and the Department for Trade and Industry implementing cross-government science and technology strategy. He is a chartered engineer and a Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
Chief Executive, Dstl
With direct line responsibility for members of the Executive team, the CE leads Dstl as a Trading Fund, delivering value-for-money science and technology-based support and advice to customers. This includes getting the best out of suppliers and partners, and balancing short-term delivery with long-term capability.
The CE role is ultimately responsible for ensuring:
- the financial viability of Dstl
- that customers are satisfied
- that Dstl’s staff are suitably engaged and rewarded for their contributions