John Mahon is the Director General for Exports in the Department for International Trade.
John spent over 30 years in banking, working for JP Morgan and Barclays.
He has worked in a variety of senior roles in banking in Barclays, most recently heading Barclays Corporate Bank, providing banking services to medium and large corporations in the UK and around the world.
John’s previous roles include:
- Head of Barclays Non Core unit, helping the bank sell and unwind businesses and assets across the investment bank, wealth and retail businesses
- Chief Risk Officer of the investment bank post the financial crisis
- Various credit trading management roles
John has a BA (Mod) in Computer Science from Trinity College Dublin. John is married with 3 children and is a dual-national Irish and UK citizen.
Director General, Exports
The Director General for Exports is:
- responsible for leading a cross-government strategy on exports and overseas direct investment to support the UK’s underlying export potential
- tasked with ensuring that new and existing exporters can access the right financial, practical and promotional support to sell overseas