Jeremy was appointed to the GLD Board on 9 September 2013 and became Chair of its Audit and Risk Committee in June 2014. He is a chartered accountant.
Jeremy’s other roles include:
- Chair of Skills for Health and Justice
- Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee of the Crown Prosecution Service
- Honorary Visiting Professor at the Cass Business School
- Non-Executive Director, Chair of Audit Committee and member of Investment Committee at the Social Investment Business and its parent charity, Social Investment Business Foundation, since 2013
Jeremy was previously a member of the Council and the Finance Committee of The Open University from August 2014 to March 2017. He was also Chair of the Single Source Regulations Office from July 2014 to February 2016, and Chair of the Audit Commission from October 2012 until its closure on 31 March 2015. Other roles have included Global CEO of BDO, one of the world’s largest accounting networks, and prior to that Managing Partner of BDO’s UK firm.
The Government Legal Department’s non-executive directors have a range of responsibilities including:
- providing an independent perspective and constructive challenge of the executive function to ensure that the most appropriate business and management processes are in place
- supporting the Permanent Secretary (the Treasury Solicitor)
- engaging in budget panel review meetings
- monitoring and challenging the department’s performance in relation to its objectives, commitments and its strategy