Jeremy was recently (July 2014) selected to Chair the Single Source Regulations Office and was Chair of the Audit Commission from October 2012 until its closure on 31 March 2015. He is a NED and Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee of the Crown Prosecution Service and is an Honorary Visiting Professor at the Cass Business School. He was previously Global CEO of BDO, one of the world’s largest accounting networks, and prior to that was Managing Partner of BDO’s UK firm.
He was appointed to the TSol Board on 9 September 2013 and became Chair of its Audit & Risk Committee in June 2014. TSol became the Government Legal Department on 1 April 2015.
Jeremy’s other roles include:
- Non Executive Director, Chair of Audit Committee and member of Investment Committee at the Social Investment Business and its parent charity, Social Investment Business Foundation, since 2013.
- Member of the Council and the Finance Committee of The Open University since August 2014
The Government Legal Department’s non-executive directors have a range of responsibilities including:
- providing an independent perspective and constructive challenge of the executive function to ensure that the most appropriate business and management processes are in place
- supporting the Permanent Secretary (the Treasury Solicitor)
- engaging in budget panel review meetings
- monitoring and challenging the department’s performance in relation to its objectives, commitments and its strategy