Jenny Harries joined PHE in February 2013.
- Joint Director of Public Health, for Norfolk County Council and NHS Norfolk and Waveney
- Joint Director of Public Health, NHS Swindon and Swindon Borough Council
- Local Director of Public Health, Monmouthshire Local Health Board and Public Health Consultant Lead for the South East Wales Regional Commissioning Unit
- member of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation since 2007
- member of the Expert Advisory Group on the NHS Constitution
- worked in policy, evaluation and clinical roles in Pakistan, Albania, India and New Zealand
Regional Director, South of England
Regional directors ensure the quality, responsiveness and consistency of the services PHE centres provide.
They have an assurance role for emergency planning and response and are responsible for workforce development across the wider public health system.