James Quinault took up the post of Executive Director of the Implementation Group at the Cabinet Office in March 2015.
Before this James was Director of the Government’s Office of Cyber Security and Information Assurance, responsible for running the UK’s National Cyber Security Programme.
Until 2011 he was head of the HM Treasury team looking after defence and security spending. Before that he worked in a number of government roles, including:
- at HM Treasury on environment issues, ‘green’ taxes and public expenditure planning and control
- in the Economic and Domestic Secretariat in the Cabinet Office
- as private secretary to the Cabinet Secretary and Head of the Civil Service
- on secondment to the Home Office working on the overhaul of policy on criminal justice and immigration issues
James was appointed CBE in The Queen’s Birthday Honours 2011.
Executive Director, Implementation Group
The Executive Director leads the Implementation Group and is responsible for:
- helping the Prime Minister and Cabinet to track implementation of the government’s commitments
- supporting the Implementation Task Forces to lead on implementing cross-cutting priorities
- working to strengthen implementation capability across government
- with the Better Regulation Executive, carrying out the Cutting Red Tape programme to reduce and improve the stock of regulation on the statute book and provide £10 billion of savings to UK businesses