James Lowth joined the Coal Authority as Operations Director in October 2017.
Before this James worked at Highways England, most recently as Director of the Major Projects Portfolio Office during England’s first Roads Investment Strategy. During this time James led an extensive change programme which developed the project, programme and portfolio management methodologies across the Major Projects business.
While at Highways England, James also worked extensively within the operations environment as Head of Service Delivery for the Traffic Officer service, as well as leading Highways England’s network of Regional Response Centres.
The Operations Director is responsible for:
- Strategy development and leadership for the Coal Authority and its operational teams.
- Leadership and delivery of the Environment Team mine water treatment programme.
- Leadership and delivery of the Public Safety and Subsidence management programme.
- Leadership of the Safety, Health and Environmental matters.
- Leadership of the Coal Authorities team of Engineers