Jake was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government on 8 January 2018. He was Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Communities and Local Government from 14 June 2017 to January 2018.
Jake was Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Rt Hon. Greg Hands MP from May 2015 until 14 June 2017.
He became an MP for for Rossendale and Darwen in 2010.
Jake was appointed Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Rt Hon. Grant Shapps MP in 2010.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Minister for the Northern Powerhouse and Local Growth
The minister is responsible for:
- Northern Powerhouse
- Mayors and devolution
- Local growth – policy and initiatives (e.g. enterprise zones, high streets, coastal communities)
- Place-based initiatives (e.g. Thames Estuary Growth Commission)
- Local Enterprise Partnership policy
- Inward investment and infrastructure (including High Speed 2)
- European Regional Development Fund and UK Shared Prosperity Fund
- Resilience and emergencies
- Community rights (including pubs)
- Northern Powerhouse Minister green lights £14 million investment to transform heart of Redcar steel site
- Out of this world innovations forge ahead in 2018 thanks to Local Growth Fund
- A record year for culture in the Northern Powerhouse
- £675 million fund to transform high streets and town centres opens to communities
- Timpson says a locally-driven approach needed to rejuvenate high streets
- Northern Powerhouse triumphs at National Apprenticeship Awards
- Lancashire businesses unite behind Northern Powerhouse for Lancashire Day
- Revival fund to save coastal heritage sites for future generations
- Crickhowell High Street crowned "UK's best" in Great British High Street Awards
- ‘A golden era’ heralded for North East as North of Tyne devolution deal becomes law