Jake was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government on 8 January 2018. He was Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Communities and Local Government from 14 June 2017 to January 2018.
Jake was Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Rt Hon. Greg Hands MP from May 2015 until 14 June 2017.
He became an MP for for Rossendale and Darwen in 2010.
Jake was appointed Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Rt Hon. Grant Shapps MP in 2010.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Minister for the Northern Powerhouse and Local Growth
The minister is responsible for:
- Northern Powerhouse
- Mayors and devolution
- Local growth – policy and initiatives (e.g. enterprise zones, high streets, coastal communities)
- Place-based initiatives (e.g. Thames Estuary Growth Commission)
- Local Enterprise Partnership policy
- Inward investment and infrastructure (including High Speed 2)
- European Regional Development Fund and UK Shared Prosperity Fund
- Resilience and emergencies
- Community rights (including pubs)
- Shortlist announced for Great British High Street Awards 2018
- £6 million awarded to successful coastal projects in first wave of funding
- More funding to boost services in village pubs and bring communities together
- Northern Powerhouse goods exports on the rise
- New Northern Powerhouse partners named as exports rise
- Yorkshire leading the way for manufacturing exports outside of London
- Government proposes shake-up of Local Enterprise Partnerships
- Expert panel appointed to advise on the future of the high street
- Government announces new Northern Powerhouse body
- Government announces landmark Town Deal for Greater Grimsby