Jackie Kelly is the Chief People Officer for the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Jackie started this role and joined the DBS in June 2017.
Jackie has over 26 years of experience with People and Organisational change, working in both the private and public sector. For the last nine years, Jackie has worked in senior positions across the public sector, within the Local Government and the NHS.
Chief People Officer
Some of the Chief People Officer’s responsibilities include:
- being a Board member and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- responsibility for the People Directorate and delivery of all HR and Facilities services, policies and processes, as well as organisational capability strategy
- the development and delivery of the People Strategy - setting organisational direction and creating clear deliverables
- contributing to the strategic direction of the DBS, providing recommendations, thought leadership and engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- working with other ALB/Civil Service/Home Office HR teams to influence and develop wider strategic thinking
- developing and promoting a culture of continuous improvement and introducing a culture of social and corporate responsibility
- developing new ways of work through changes in culture and smarter ways of working