Ian Chapman was appointed Chief Executive Officer of the UK Atomic Energy Authority on 1 October 2016.
- he was appointed Head of Tokamak Science at Culham in 2014.
- he has held a number of international roles in fusion including a Task Force Leader for JET from 2012 to 2014 and a member of US experiment NSTX-U programme advisory committee.
- he has published over 110 journal papers and given 30 invited lead-author presentations at international conferences.
- his has won a number of international awards, including the European Physical Society Early Career Prize in 2014, the Institute of Physics Paterson Medal in 2013, the IUPAP Plasma Physics Young Scientist Prize in 2012 and the Cavendish Medal for Best early-career UK physicist awarded by SET for Britain in 2011.
- he was made a Fellow of the Institute of Physics in 2013 and became a visiting Professor at Durham University in 2015.
Chief Executive Officer
- Accounting Officer and responsible spend of public funds
- day-to-day leadership of the UK Atomic Energy Authority
- Head of the CCFE fusion laboratory