Sir Ian Carruthers has been Chairman of Healthcare UK since May 2013. The appointment is for 2 years, ending on 31 March 2015.
Sir Ian has held a series of leadership posts with several regional health authorities, most recently Chief Executive of the NHS South of England.
Sir Ian was knighted in 2003 for services to the NHS. He is also:
- Chancellor of the University of the West of England
- Chair of the Innovation Health and Wealth Implementation Board
- Co-Chair of the Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia
- Non-Executive Director of Bioquell plc
The Chairman is responsible for:
- establishing agreement on strategy and annual business plans for Healthcare UK
- signing off and overseeing delivery of the business plan, as well as evaluating success
- supporting the development of Healthcare UK’s strategic direction through identification and review of target markets