Helen Stephenson joined the Charity Commission as CEO in July 2017. Helen has extensive experience of senior leadership across the public and voluntary sectors, having previously served as Director of Early Years and Childcare at the Department of Education and Director of the Office for Civil Society.
Helen has filled senior roles at the Big Lottery Fund and the Shaftesbury Society and was, chair of the National Childbirth Trust and a member of the Advisory Council of the National Council for Voluntary Organisations.
Helen also became a Charity Commission board member in September 2018.
- Director of Early Years and Childcare, Department for Education, 2014-2017
- Director, Office for Civil Society and Government innovation Group, 2011-2014
- Deputy Director, Office for Civil Society, Cabinet Office, 2007-2011
- Head of Strategic Policy and Partnerships, the Big Lottery Fund, 2004-2007
- Senior Policy Advisor, New Opportunities Fund/ Big Lottery Fund, 2001-2004
- NCVO Advisory Council, 2014-2017
- Trustee and Chair, National Childbirth Trust, 2015-2017
- Board Member, Big Society Trust, 2013-2017
- CBE for services to Civil Society in the Birthday Honours list, 2014