Professor Guy Poppy took up his post as Chief Scientific Adviser at the Food Standards Agency in August 2014.
His previous career highlights include:
- Professor of Ecology at the University of Southampton
- Director of Multidisciplinary Research at the University of Southampton
- member of the Research Excellence Framework (REF2014) panel assessing the quality of agriculture, food and veterinary science in the UK
FSA Chief Scientific Adviser
The Chief Scientific Adviser is responsible for:
- the integrity of the processes used to source scientific evidence and ensure expert scientific advice is available to the agency
- representing the agency in the community of departmental Chief Scientific Advisers and the wider scientific community
- championing science within the agency through developing its scientists’ expertise
The CSA has overall responsibility for all of the analytical disciplines from which the agency draws advice: natural and physical sciences, social science, economics, operational research and statistics.