Gerry Grimstone was appointed Lead Non-Executive Board Member for the MOD in September 2011.
Since his appointment to the MOD, Gerry has held a number of senior posts:
- Board Member of the RAF Strike Command (subsequently Air Command), 1999 to 2007
- Chairman of the RAF Audit Committee and member of the Defence Audit Committee
Lead Non-Executive Board Member
The Lead Non-Executive Board Member:
- provides an independent and objective perspective on Defence Board business
- works closely with the Defence Secretary, the Permanent Secretary and other members of the board to ensure that it provides clear and effective leadership for the department
- takes an active role in assessing and improving the Board’s performance
- leads the non-executive team and has a direct line of access to the government’s Lead Non-Executive
All of this is aimed at ensuring good practice and strengthening corporate leadership across government.